Embark on a culinary journey with this chickpea coconut curry. A harmonious blend of rich coconut and hearty chickpeas, this dish is a testament to timeless flavors and elegance.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
- 1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked rice or naan bread, for serving
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot or skillet over medium heat. Add the diced onion, minced garlic, and grated ginger. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
- Stir in the curry powder, ground cumin, and turmeric. Cook for another minute to release their flavors.
- Pour in the coconut milk and diced tomatoes (with their juices). Stir well to combine.
- Add the cooked chickpeas to the pot. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Stir in the baby spinach leaves and cook for an additional few minutes until they wilt.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the chickpea coconut curry hot, over cooked rice or with naan bread.
You can find this and more delicious dinner recipes in my “Vegetarian Dinner Cookbook: Simple, Delicious and Healthy Vegetarian Dinner Recipes”.