- Yields: 12 muffins
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Baking time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, poppy seeds, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine oil, eggs, buttermilk, and lemon extract.
- Gradually add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients, mixing just until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can find this and more cupcake recipes in my “Muffin Cookbook”.