Yield: Approximately 24 cookies
Baking time: 12-15 minutes
- •1 cup (225 g) unsalted butter, softened
- •1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- •1 large egg
- •1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- •2 tablespoons (30 ml) freshly squeezed lime juice
- •Zest of 2 limes
- •2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- •1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- •1/4 teaspoon salt
- •1 cup (85 g) shredded coconut
- •Additional shredded coconut for rolling (optional)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat. Set aside.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- 3. Add the egg, vanilla extract, lime juice, and lime zest to the butter mixture. Mix until well combined.
- 4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
- 6. Stir, in the shredded coconut until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- 7. Optional: Place some additional shredded coconut in a shallow bowl. Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and roll them in the shredded coconut to coat.
- 8. Place the coated dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- 9. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- 10. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can find this and more delicious cookies recipes in my “Cookie Cookbook: 33 Delicious and Easy Cookies Recipes”.