- Yields: 12 muffins
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Baking time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir in the chopped apple.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, alternating with buttermilk, stirring until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each one about two-thirds full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can find this and more cupcake recipes in my “Muffin Cookbook: 33 Delicious and Easy Muffin Recipes“.