Kale, the king of the leafy greens, takes a royal turn in this simple yet satisfying snack. These crispy baked kale chips are a healthier alternative to traditional potato chips. They’re light, crunchy, and packed with flavor. Plus, they’re so easy to make, you’ll wonder why you ever bought store-bought chips!
Prepping time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
1 bunch of kale (about 200 grams)
1 tablespoon of olive oil (15 grams)
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt (2.5 grams)
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder (1.5 grams)
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper (0.5 grams)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Wash the kale and thoroughly dry it. Remove the stems and tear the leaves into bite-sized pieces.
3. In a large bowl, toss the kale with olive oil, making sure each piece is lightly coated.
4. Sprinkle the sea salt, garlic powder, and black pepper over the kale and toss again to distribute the seasonings evenly.
5. Spread the kale out in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the edges of the kale are slightly browned but not burnt.
7. Let the kale chips cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before serving.